Monday, December 8, 2008

The Sniffly, Sneezy, Coughing, Runny Nose Anniversary

Well that about sums it up. I guess it was bound to happen sometime as long as we plan to be married, that we would have an anniversary where we both felt less than our best.
I'm not really too excited about this anniversary gift to both of us of these cold-like symptoms, but I am still excited that we have been married for 4 years and can still take the time to celebrate it a little.
We didn't let the unpleasant symptoms hold us back too much from having a great time.
First of all while I was out, my wonderful, creative, and sweet husband had a special anniversary gift for me when I came in. This is what he made for me. It set the perfect tone for a wonderful evening.



After we both got ready, we went out to a local shopping center and each picked out our anniversary gifts to each other. (sometimes it just works better that way :) Then it was on to a decedent dinner at a new restaurant that neither one of us had tried before.
After that we headed to the gym...ok hold on, I know what you're thinking..."that doesn't sound fun or romantic" But just let me finish... Our gym has a pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room, and we planned to take advantage of the steam room and hot tub. However, unfortunately they had already drained the hot tub to service it, so we just sat in the steam room to clear our sinuses and detox our bodies, then instead of going to a spa for a massage, we just gave each other massages at home. After that we snuggled up on the couch with a box of tissues to talk and relax in front of the blazing and crackling fire.So even though I wish we had felt better, we still had a fun, romantic and relaxing anniversary.

No comments: