Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Double Weekend Update

I realized that I have just gotten 2 weekends behind again in my posts, and before I post about the most recent things going on in our world, I feel compelled to share about the past 2 weekends first.
The 1st weekend (2 weeks ago - Nov. 16th) David and I didn't have anything planned. It was nice to just be home and relax together, but after a day of that, we were ready to go and do something. One thing we like to do occasionally is go to open houses in the area. But not just any open houses - the ones that are really big, and uniquely designed. Most of the time the real estate companies will post the open houses available to tour on Sundays on their websites. David found one in a nearby city that sat on 43.5 acres, had a barn, a pond, a greenhouse, an infinity pool with hot tub and fountain, and was overlooking a river. The house was about 5,000 sqf (with only 2 real bedrooms!), and pretty looking from the outside. It was very ornately decorated on the inside, but very odd as well. I think if I had to name this property, I would title it the "Pepto Pink Property". Seriously, the lady that owned the house was OBSESSED with PINK! I could just tell you that and let you picture it in your head, but I don't think your mental image would really do it justice. This place was REALLY PINK!! Not just like a can of pink paint exploded in the whole house, but painstakingly detailed with all different shades of pink and faux finished to look like pink wood grain too. This was intentional!! I think it was the oddest house I have ever seen in my life. Here are some pictures to show you what I mean.


The next weekend involved pink too, but definitely not THAT much pink! This past weekend was just about pink nails :) My good friend, Allanna and I made plans to have lunch together at her new house and then pamper ourselves at the SPA! We both got manicures and pedicures. I got a dark shade of pink on my toes and a lighter shade on my fingers, and she got bright red on both to be festive for the holidays. The spa that we went to is brand new in Greensboro and it is a really nice, simple day spa. It's called Sorella Day Spa, and offers services not just for nails, but facials and full body spa treatments including massages and wraps etc... Allanna and I just experienced the nail services, but both were very luxurious. I was impressed with their excellent customer service. While the actual "spa treatments" of the manicure and pedicure were very pampering and relaxing, the polish job on my fingernails didn't turn out quite as well. First of all, the lady administering my services didn't speak english and I think she used the top coat as the base and the base coat as the top, so the polish bubbled up on all my fingers. That wasn't that big of a deal, but she had also painted a couple of nails thicker than the others, so they took longer to dry and consequently I smudged them badly. So badly, in fact, that I decided to go back the next day and see if they could at least just fix those badly smudged nails. The most impressive part about my return visit is that they not only fixed the smudged nails, but also repainted ALL my fingernails (so that I didn't have the bubbles in the polish any more) AND repainted both my big toe nails that had also gotten smudged some. Plus when I tried to offer an extra tip for a different girl taking the time to practically redo the paint job on all my nails, she refused to accept it. She also encouraged me to let Allanna know that if any of her nails smudged she would redo them for her as well for no charge. I thought the whole experience was very pleasant and professional and I would definitely go back another time.

No comments: