Friday, November 21, 2008

Still Baking...What has gotten into me?!?

As I write this I have already baked 2 more loaves of Banana Bread since the 1st one in the post below -1 plain with nuts and 1 with nuts AND chocolate chips...mmmm. Again, they didn't last long, but since they turned out so well, I decided to branch out and try some other different kinds of bread. So while David went out of town for a couple of days, I secretly called his mom and had her give me the recipe for his absolute FAVORITE bread ever, Plum Bread. I know it doesn't sound all that wonderful, but honestly, the plums come from baby food, and you really don't even taste them. To me it was closer to a spice bread or even Amish/friendship bread. Anyway, while he was gone, I bought all the ingredients (although I couldn't find plain baby food plums anywhere, so I had to use a combo of apples and plums - but that's really ok) then I made the bread, and only tasted 1 slice before he had almost all the rest of it. Amazing, the whole loaf didn't even last a full 3 days in our house! I knew I should have made 2 like the recipe called for instead of trying halve the recipe so that we didn't have too much. But oh, well, I guess I'll just have to make it again. Anyway, without further ado, I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seats waiting to see what this AMAZING recipe is, so here it is...

PLUM BREAD

2 SMALL JARS PLUM BABY FOOD (or any other fruity flavor you like)
2 CUPS SUGAR
2 CUPS SELF RISING FLOUR
3 EGGS
1 CUP WESSON OIL
1/2 TSP EACH CLOVES & NUTMEG
1 TSP EACH ALLSPICE & CINNAMON

MIX SUGAR & OIL, ADD EGGS, ADD FLOUR, ADD SPICES ADD PLUMS BAKE 1 HOUR 10 MIN AT 350

(MAKES 2 LOAVES, OR ONE BUNDT PAN)

Now that I have successfully made Banana Bread and Plum Bread, my next bread adventure is going to be Pumpkin Bread (recipe courtesy of my friend, Rachel). I plan to make this one next week and bring it to our Thanksgiving dinner. I'll let you know how it turned out and post the recipe after Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

David Horne said...

It is by far the best bread EVER

Rachel said...

Very interesting. I don't think I've ever heard of this bread! Hey, you can always freeze the other loaf if you end up with too much you know! I think there are a couple of frozen loaves of Banana bread in my freezer now!
We're making Pumpkin Bread this afternoon!!