Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Graduate (Not the movie, but my brother)

On Tuesday December 16 Michael, my little brother (who's not so little anymore) graduated from NC State University, Summa Cum Laude with a BS in Mechanical Engineering. We are so proud of him. My parents, David and I, and a few of Michael's local friends went to his graduation ceremony, then helped him pack up all his stuff from his condo there in Raleigh and move back home with my parents for a while.
Between my dad and me, we got some great pictures. Here are a few of them.
Then yesterday (Saturday) we had a graduation party for Michael at a friends house. Here are few pictures from that as well.
It makes me feel old to think that my brother, 7 years younger than me, is now a college graduate and going to be starting his career as an engineer in the middle of January when we get back from South Africa. It'll be here before we know it. This year has gone by so quickly, and now it's almost Christmas. I'll try to get those posts up before we head out of the country so that I can start the next year with posts from our trip.

No comments: