Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Thanksgiving Catch up before the next holiday madness ensues

This Thanksgiving we had dinner with my parents and brother, then my mother-in-law, Jane, came into town to stay with us. Since this was the 1st time she's ever seen our new place, I thought it would be nice if it was already decorated for Christmas, so here are some pictures of how I decorated this year.This little Christmas village was actually given to us this year by David's mom when she came to visit, and I just happened to have this little desk next to the Christmas tree to put it on! Perfect!

It has always been our tradition (for the 4 years we've been married) that David's mom comes up here to visit on Thanksgiving weekend, and that night we go to the movies. This year we saw the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace. It was a good constant action movie. Then we came back home and watched one of the Bourne trilogy movies (since we apparently didn't get enough action at the theater) I've seen all those multiple times, so I fell asleep.
The next day we got up, went out to breakfast, shopped all day then drove out to the Tanglewood Festival of Lights. Neither David, nor his mom had ever been before, and it is definitely worth seeing at least once. It wasn't too chilly, so I was able to stick my head out the window and get a few of these good pictures.























And last but not least, the light display of shameless advertising. The sponsor, Chick-Fil-A, had this to leave you with - "We Wish You Would Eat More Chikin"
After that we tried a new restaurant in Winston Salem for dinner, and then came home to watch Ocean's 13 (we have all the Ocean's movies too). The next day we went into Kernersville and toured the oddest little house, called Korner's Folly. I got few pictures in the house, but you may want to click on the above link and check out the site to get a better feel for how odd this house was. Here's David in the kid's playroom. Doesn't he look like a giant? Even I could nearly touch my head to the ceiling! After touring that house, we went to lunch with my parents and brother, then shopped some more, and watched another movie. I was exhausted by this point, so I know I slept through the whole thing. Sunday, we went out for breakfast again for the last time before his mom headed out. It was a nice rainy day, so once we got back home, we just relaxed and stayed in the rest of the day.
Overall, we had a fun, activity packed, busy weekend and we look forward to next year and the new activities we'll do then.

No comments: