Sunday, December 9, 2007

Our 3rd Anniversary - December 5th

Since we were both going to be busy on the actual day of our anniversary, we just decided to celebrate around it. We went out to a nice dinner the night before, and then this weekend we had the real celebration. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures because I didnt' know I should bring my camera. But I did find a picture on the website of where we stayed so you can see how nice it was.
First of all we decided we would like to have a little "get-away" for our anniversary this year. But there was so much going on in our lives that we needed to be here for that we just couldn't get very far away, so we decided we would just "get-away" in our own town. David was going to try to get a really good deal on a hotel through pricline.com, but it didn't quite work out the way he had hoped.

What happened is he put his bid in and a really ghetto hotel accepted it, but with the nature of the website and service, you are automatically booked there and you can't cancel it. So here I was thinking we are getting away to this not so nice hotel and I wasn't that excited about it. I knew that we would still have a good time, but I was a little disappointed that it wasn't a nicer hotel.

So this whole time I had in my mind that we were going to "that" hotel and I wasn't in a big hurry to get there. David, on the other hand, knew what the real plan was. My sweet, wonderful, amazing husband had surprised me and kept it a secret that he had booked a different hotel and we weren't staying at the ghetto one!

So we arrived at the Ashford Suites instead, and when I got into the room, I nearly jumped up and down with excitement. He had booked a room with a HUGE jacuzzi tub AND a fire-place. I was very surprised!

I thought that was all, but he even went 1 step further, he had a friend of ours sneak into the room while we were at dinner and set it up with the fire going, candles, soft music and a hot bubble bath. He had also brought little chocolates and bottles of water. I was even more surprised! But it was soo nice. We used the bath last night and this morning after a big cooked buffet breakfast at the hotel. Then we went to my parents house and took Dad out for his birthday (which just happens to fall near our anniversary).

It was a wonderful weekend! Thank you so much, David! I love you! It was a very Happy Anniversary!

Here's a picture of the room we stayed in. This looks from the tub through to the bed, and on the other side of the room is the fireplace. We will definitely have to go back there.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been three years! Wow! I'm glad I made it to your wedding, even though it was hard with everything going on for me at that time. Collin was just a baby!
Happy Anniversary! Glad you had a good time!