Saturday, December 1, 2007

A Night at the Theatre

A good friend of mine so graciously gave me 4 free tickets to A Christmas Carol at the High Point Theatre since she would be out of town and unable to use them. Here's me outside the theatre before going in. I met Mom and Dad at their house so we could ride together and meet another friend of mine, Amanda there. Her husband was out of town, so it was perfect for her to spend the evening with us at the theatre.






We got there in perfect timing. Just as we had given them our tickets and walked over to the door, they opened the doors, and we were the very 1st ones in the theatre! So we got to pick whichever seats we wanted. We got the prime seats of the house - about 5 rows from the front in the very center. Before I heard that you weren't supposed to take pictures in the theatre, I snapped this one of the stage before it started. But I didn't try to get anymore during the performance even though I seriously thought about it a few times.
The play turned out to be a delightful musical. All the actors gave an incredible performance. Scrooge was excellent and completely stole the show. There were a couple of really cute kids in the production as well. Tiny Tim was so sweet looking, and then there was this little girl of about 4 who sang all the songs and knew all the words. She was so adorable. I think down the road when I have kids, maybe I'll get them involved in theatre and I will get back into it too. We all thouroughly enjoyed ourselves and had a wonderful evening.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Nathan and I went to this show a few years ago and really enjoyed it! Glad you had the opportunity to go.
Merry Christmas!! Love you!