Thursday, October 15, 2009

My first recording debut




Last week a friend of ours, Rob Blackwell, was recording a new album. David has been very interested in the recording process as he has always wanted to have our own studio some day. He went the week before to watch Rob record the very first track and had mentioned to him that if he wanted any female harmonies in any songs that I would be a good choice. What a sweetie, recommending me :-) It turned out that he was looking for female back ground vocals in this one song he wrote for his wife. So David and I went to the studio one night last week to watch him record the vocal track and for me to be available to sing with him if he wanted.
This was my first recording experience, and I learned that it is actually a rather long process. That night he recorded 4 songs, and the very last one was the one he wanted my voice for. By that time it was close to midnight, but I was excited to record the harmonies with him, so it was ok.
It was a fun experience, and one of the coolest things about it is when his album is published, my name will be in the credits! My first taste of fame :-)

- Posted from my iPhone