Saturday, October 24, 2009

1st Movement!!

This is just a really quick post to document when I first felt the baby move. I still definitely have much more to catch up on, a few more beach trips, a Texas trip to see my family there, and a couple of other events, but those will still have to wait for now.
I just have a minute on here and I don't want to forget when it happened, so here's a quick post to keep the memory.
I am 18 weeks pregnant now, and yesterday as I was sitting at my desk, I had feelings in my stomach like I was nervous, and also kind of like my stomach was gurgling but without making any noises. I had thought I felt a similar thing the night before as I was going to sleep, but I had just eaten some junk food (I know, bad - but it was just a little bit) and I was really tired, so although the thought crossed my mind that I could be feeling the baby, I just brushed it off and went to sleep. Then it wasn't until about 3pm the next day that I felt the same type of feeling while sitting there. This time I was sure it was the baby! It's really cool and weird at the same time to feel it moving a little in there. I have since felt it several more times last night, mostly when I am still. Also it was awake while I was trying to sleep - another very interesting feeling :)
The next big milestone happens on Monday, we find out if it's a boy or girl! I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Very Cool! I love it when you start to feel the baby move. Just makes it all seem so much more real! I know David will enjoy it when he can finally feel it too!