Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Golfing Goodbye

Since our good friend, Bill, is moving far away in 2 weeks so he can be close to his girl, the guys decided they would all get together and bid him farewell with a game of golf. Now, as you know, David is a really good golfer, and a few of the other guys are good (some better than others) but a couple of the guys had never played before and so haven't had a chance to become good yet. So they played 4 on 4, with the 2 really good golfers paired with the 1st time golfers, and the other 4 was a team of average golfers. They played captain's choice (which, if you are like me and had no idea what that means, it is just everyone hits their ball, but then they score from the best ball of each hit) I'm sure when David reads this he is going to think that's a very elementary way to describe it, but I am not the golf pro so that will have to do. Anyway, some of the 1st time golfers shots were actually the best ball on a couple of holes, so that combined with the sheer skill and talent of my amazing golfing husband won them the match...they then went to B-Dub's (Buffalo Wild Wings) to celebrate with the losing team buying the winning team lunch. They all had a great time and David even took some really good pictures. Here are a few of the best ones. It was a good way to say goodbye to Bill. WE WILL MISS YOU, BILL!

2 comments:

Bill Pasnau said...

Sherry thanks so much for the nice post on your blog. I feel honored to be the recepient of an entire post, honestly. You and David have been such awesome friends to me, you've fed me a lot of good food (which is clutch) and just gone out of your way to be there for me. I'm going to miss you both like you can't imagine, but it's so exciting for me moving back (to the arctic tundra that is New England) as a completely different person, knowing exactly what I want from my life, knowing how to get it, and knowing that I have such awesome friends to help me succeed - no matter what. There are many people in Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Massachussetts, and a bunch of other states that are extremely grateful that I had the chance to spend the past couple years associating with David and Sherry Horne. They just may not be fully aware of that grattitude quite yet. But they will be. As am I.

~Bill

Sherry said...

Wow! Bill, what an awesome comment. When I mentioned that you should comment on the post about you, I didn't expect this...oh no, what's that I feel in the corner of my eye?!? It just might be the beginning of tear...sniff, sniff. Seriously, we will both miss you a lot as well. But you know whenever you want to come visit, the Billy P suite will be there for you :)
On a side note, you are a great writer...I can't wait to keep up with your blog when you start one. Well, I guess we'll be seeing you...have a great life...just kidding. See you soon.