Sunday, March 30, 2008

Golden Birthday Celebrations

March 28th was my golden birthday, meaning I turned 28 on the 28th. My birthday celebrations started when we got back from the beach last weekend. David took me out to dinner and gave me my 1st birthday gift early (an iPod Shuffle in red) since he was going to be out of town on my birthday weekend. He left on Thursday afternoon, and didn't get back until 10:30 Saturday night. So at midnight on Thursday, I called him and opened my card with him on the phone. He is so sweet and creative. Becuase inside the card was the 1st clue of 10 that took me on a scavenger hunt around the house to end up at a little gold box tucked away inside a shoe. Inside the box was this little sailboat charm that I had been eyeing since Thanksgiving! It was just what I needed to commemorate our sailing trip to Charleston in October of 2006. I really wasn't expecting anything else from him, since he had gotten me so many of the beautiful decorative accents for the house (that you can see a few posts below) plus the really cool iPod) But he surprised me again and surpassed my expectations. What a wonderful hubby!!
Then on my birthday evening, my best friend since I was 12, Rachel, invited me over to her house to have dinner with her and her family. Here she is with her youngest, Emma...isn't she cute!?! And her son, Collin, was also VERY cute. He was so excited that I was coming over and told me that he had made me a card and they made a cake too! When I arrived, there was a whole corner of the table dedicated to my birthday! I felt so special. Anyway, we had a delicious dinner, and great time visiting...Thanks, Rachel! You really are a great friend! Rachel got me a cookbook for my birthday since I am trying to be more domesticated and cook more meals at home. :)
Then she showed me some really cool stuff on the computer that I can incorporate into my blog posts. So you'll see some of that stuff coming soon. Oh yeah, and also she showed me how to change the template. Like it? David and I really do...this is more us I think. Well after dinner and messing on the computer, we had dessert and watched a movie...I didn't leave til after 12! But I did have a really great time.
The next day I celebrated with my parents at brunch. As I mentioned earlier, they had given me our comforter set as an early birthday present, so this picture is what my brother gave me (even though he couldn't be there either) to go in the bedroom and match the comforter. Also the really cute turquoise bag on the table was part of my birthday gift from David's mom.
That evening, another good friend, Amanda, and I went out to a nice dinner to celebrate some more. She got me a cute little necklace from a boutique called Girl Stuff. We had a great time dining together, and the restaurant even brought out a large piece of chocolate cake since they heard it was my birthday. Then at 10:30 I went to airport to pick my hubby up and we spent the rest of the evening curled up on the couch watching a movie....What a great Golden Birthday!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for coming over for your birthday, we enjoyed celebrating with you!

Also, I really like the background, much more than the one we found that night! Great job!!