Friday, October 10, 2008

A Couple of Appends

Due to a new post by my husband (after I already posted mine) and a suggestion to expound on the last paragraph of my last post, I decided to post some appends. One main reason I wanted to append is so I could add a link to David's blog from his perspective of the Seafood Invitational. Now his blog is very golf oriented, so he is really just giving a review of and recounting the golf tournament from his experience, so if you are interested in reading about that, click here.

The other reason is that since I had felt that the original post was already getting too long, I basically just cut it off and didn't expound on the last few hours that we were in Morehead City.

First of all, I want to thank my WONDERFUL mother-in-law, Jane, and her husband, Everett for allowing us all to stay in their beautiful and picturesque home on the sound. And then thank them once again for taking us out to dinner so that we could get on the road with full bellies and not have to stop and buy gas station junk food.

Now the part that I need to expound on is the actual dinner. They did not take us to just any old pizza joint on the way out of town, but rather took us to a very nice place that is special to us in many ways. It's a little, fancy, authentic Italian restaurant on the main road in Morehead City called Pizzuti's. We both love Italian food, and not only does this place have great food, but a great atmosphere too along with fond memories for us. You see, Pizzuti's, in it's old location on Atlantic Beach, was the site of our wedding reception nearly 4 years ago. The restaurant owner, Gloria, was amazing that day. She not only let us use her entire resturant as the venue for our reception, but she also did all the decorating, catering, and even made the cake!
Last Sunday was the first time we have seen her since our wedding, so that was very special to us. The new restaurant is beautiful, but it's really the old building that will always be nostalgic to us.
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to add in this appending post becuase I had packed the camera by this time, but you will just have to take my word for it (or go here and check out the site and other reviews), that it's an excellent place for some authentic Italian food down at the coast when you're ready for something other than fresh seafood.

No comments: